Peace * Comfort * Dignity
Thee Hospice Mission
To Provide a Compassionate Interdisciplinary Team and holistic approach to care, utilizing family and community resources, while offering physical, emotional and spiritual care to patients and their families.
Goals and Values
- To support individuals and families coping with dying.
- To enhance the quality of life through comfort care rather than treatment focused on cure.
- To aggressively treat and expertly manage all pain and physical symptoms associated with the terminal individual.
- To care for the whole person, addressing physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual, and social needs through an interdisciplinary team approach.
- To confirm the patient's and families of self-worth, individuality, autonomy, security.
- To acknowledge and offer support for individuals and their family members facing the losses and grief associated with dying and the death of a loved one.
- To extend bereavement support for family members following the death of their loved one.
- To be a positive influence upon the understanding, compassionate treatment and care of the dying and bereaved.
Source: Lattanzi-Licht, M., Mahoney, J. J. and Miller, G.W. (1998). The
hospice choice. New York: Simon & Schuster/Fireside.
Click on the link below to read more about services offered by hospice.